Boyd Hill Nature Preserve is located along the shores of Lake Maggiore in St. Petersburg. The 245-acre award-winning park features:
- More than three miles of trails and boardwalks.
- Five unique ecosystems: hardwood hammocks, sand pine scrub, pine flatwoods, willow marsh and lake shore.
- Interpretive programming on a variety of environmental and natural history topics.
- Part of the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- Annual butterfly count with the North American Butterfly Association.
- Bird of prey aviary.
- Guided tours, group rentals and overnight camping facilities available.
- Picnic areas, playground and gift shop.
see this dynamic interactive exhibit showcasing Boyd Hill's distinct ecosystems and how every action has an equal or greater reaction in our environment.
Children 3 to 16: $1.50,
Children under 3: free.
Sorry, no pets.
Annual passes are available, ask for details.
The city's resident and non-resident pricing applies to all "fee" classes and day camps at Boyd Hill Nature Preserve and Pinellas Pioneer Settlement.
Become an ADVANTAGE Member. City of St. Petersburg residents can purchase an annual ADVANTAGE Member Card for $10.00, which is valid from September 1 until August 31, at all Recreation Centers. If you are not a city resident, you can purchase an ADVANTAGE Member Card for $125.00 (prorated monthly) OR purchase a monthly membership for $12.50.
Our Mission: To preserve, protect, maintain and enhance the city's parklands and recreational facilities and engage people in leisure activities that contribute to their quality of life.
Boyd Hill Nature Preserve is located at the south end of Lake Maggiore. From I-275, take Exit 17. Turn east onto 54th Avenue South, then left on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street South. Country Club Way South is four blocks on left. Proceed to park entrance. Parking is free. [ Map ]